Sunday, September 30, 2007

Red Sox Clinch! Here's My Pitch...

Podgers NOT the Dodgers!!
On this day, September 30, in 1926, Robin Roberts was born. Among other thing he played in the 1950 World Series, and had 6 consecutive 20 game seasons. He was never a dodger!
On this day, September 30, 1932, Johnny Podres was born. He appeared in two World Series, and played for the Brooklyn Dodgers and the LA Dodgers.
On This Day, September 30, 1947, the World Series came to TV. The Brooklyn Dodgers were beaten by the NY Yankees, 5-3.
Today I am launching my new campaign pitch, using a slogan given to me by my neighbor who was concerned folks couldn't rember my name...Podgers not the Dodgers! What does this slgan mean? It means that the Dodgers in City Council, nice people, our friends and neighbors, but who have been dodging serious issues for all too long, can and should be beaten in the race for City Council.
So, folks, now you can rember my name, and of course cheer me on, even as you cheer on our Red Sox, the underdogs for all too long.

No comments: